It was a banner year for Holy Cross. Because of you, the College is strengthened and empowered in its mission to educate women and men who will make a positive difference in our world. Thank you for your shared commitment to our efforts.
Together the Holy Cross Community:
- Honored the life and legacy of former president, the visionary
Rev. John E. Brooks, S.J., ’49.
- Inaugurated our 32nd president Rev. Philip L. Boroughs, S.J.
- Congratulated students on a record 14 Fulbrights, plus Truman and Beinecke scholarships.
- Took pride in our faculty scholarship, including more than 200 publications and numerous research grants, exhibitions, performances, and presentations.
- Set records! Alumni, parents and friends gave $26 million, with an unprecedented $9.3 million in unrestricted gifts to the Holy Cross Fund.
- Surpassed (for the 7th year in a row!) the 50 gold standard in alumni participation, finishing at 53 .
- Thanked Cornelius B. Prior Jr. ’56 for his “game changing” pledge: $25 million to enhance the arts.
- Celebrated a $600,000 Mellon Foundation grant to support arts initiatives and a $500,000 Alden Trust award recognizing the College’s excellence in career-related programs.